Dr. Michael C. Fling is an Experienced and Trusted Cosmetic Dentist
Dr. Michael C. Fling is a cosmetic dentist in Oklahoma City, OK, and has been actively participating in dentistry since 1976 as a laboratory technician. He soon discovered a passion for dentistry and entered dental school.
He graduated from Oklahoma University College of Dentistry in 1984 and went into private practice in Oklahoma City. In 1988, only four short years after entering the profession, he received the “Young Dentist of the Year Award” from the Oklahoma Dental Association. His private practice focuses on restorative and cosmetic dentistry, as well as TMJ treatment. As a renowned clinical instructor and guest lecturer, he is consistently on the leading edge of dentistry, and incorporates the latest in dental innovation, technology and techniques into his practice.
He has been named by his peers as one of the Best Dentists in Oklahoma and as one of the Nation’s best dentists.
Teacher, Clinical Instructor, Scholar
Michael C. Fling, D.D.S. has served as Course Director and Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Fixed Prosthodontics at the O.U. College of Dentistry. He is the founder and President of “Fling Seminars”, providing advanced dental education to dentists, dental teams and technicians throughout the country.
Currently, he serves as a guest lecturer at O.U. College of Dentistry in the Department of Fixed Prosthodontics and as an Associate Faculty at the L.D. Pankey Institute. Dr. Fling is also on staff with the Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) residents at the O.U. College of Dentistry, lecturing on restorative concepts and technical excellence.
He recently completed the process to be awarded the title of “Pankey Scholar.” As a member of the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry, the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics, and the American College of Dentists, he has lectured throughout the country to dental and laboratory associations and to various study groups on fundamental principles of restorative dentistry and achieving technical excellence.
Dentistry Today has named him as one of the “Top 100 Clinicians in Dental Education” every year since 2005.
- Dr. Fling has been named by Dentistry Today as one of the top 100 Leaders in Continuing Education since 2005.
- President of Fling Seminars, which provides advanced dental education not only in the United States but also in Canada and Europe.
- He has been involved in education since his graduation from dental school in 1984.
- Dr. Fling served as Course Director in the Department of Fixed Prosthodontics at OU College of Dentistry for five years and has taught at OU College of Dentistry since 1984.
- He also serves as a guest presenter where he presents courses to students and faculty on treatment planning and comprehensive cosmetic procedures.
- Dr. Fling is a course coordinator at the LD Pankey Institute in Miami, Florida. This is a course where dentists from all over the world come to participate. Dr. Fling not only develops the curriculum for that course but also is one of the lead faculty that presents it to those doctors. The Pankey Institute is known for not only providing excellent education but for also helping the doctor develop life skills as well.
- Dr. Fling trained as a laboratory technician and worked in the laboratory for many years before attending dental school and while in dental school. This gives him a unique ability to understand the process involved in fabrication of restorations. He continues to be an educator in the leading edge of dental materials and processes for restorations and fabrication.
- Dr. Fling has published many articles and has even written a book. Many of his seminars that he presents today to study groups also includes motivational topics. He published a book in 2011 titled 32 Laps. He is also an artist. He uses many of these skills in his every day practice to both improve and inspire the people with whom he works.
“We treat each patient with the highest level of dental care, skill, and judgment.” Dr. Michael C. Fling